Joseph M. Polk | joe [at] 13ball [dot] com
- Self-motivated, results and detail-oriented professional offering twenty-two years of customer service experience with strong concentration and success in Internet and project management.
- Technology consultant with proven track record of innovative design, aggressive implementation and satisfied customers.
Skills and experience in:
- Windows/Mac/UNIX platforms
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash
- Search engine optimization
- Web site analytics
- Social media/networking
- Planning and organization
- Vendor and customer relations
- Time, budget and project management
- Staff selection and training
Senior Technical Specialist
PENNTAP – Pittsburgh, PA
April 2003 – December 2011
- Research and recommend new technologies, software, hardware and other IT solutions to 330+ small business clients in 16 counties, creating 60 new jobs, retaining 133 positions and generating $8.6 million in overall cost benefits.
- Increase clients’ sales by $3.5 million while saving $4.3 million in expenditures through use of search engine optimization, e-commerce programs and marketing tools such as email list managers, Web analytics and advertising programs.
- Work closely with senior executives to revamp or develop web sites as well as identify, address and resolve numerous technical issues.
- Spearhead efforts to improve and implement comprehensive security strategies for client systems. Services include product evaluation and selection, technology risk assessments, security architecture review and disaster recovery planning.
- Build positive relationships with clients by delivering customer satisfaction through quality work and effective communication during project.
- Source and secure new client accounts by responding promptly to leads from economic development agencies from western Pennsylvania, small business development centers, friends and family members.
- Conducted over 50 business seminars on search engine optimization; building and promoting Web sites; computer security; and social media and networking.
Web Technology Specialist
Marconi plc (formerly FORE Systems, Inc.) – Pittsburgh, PA
October 1998 – April 2003
- Responsible for site architecture, content and maintenance of external web site (www.marconi.com), secure extranets and marketing and sales intranets.
- Spearheaded quality assurance and testing of web sites during all stages of development.
- Resolve user issues and complaints and respond to questions and comments submitted to webmaster account through continual interaction with staff in all functions and levels throughout entire organization.
- Maintain and report log file information for external web site, secure extranets and marketing and sales intranets.
- Act as technical liaison between Marketing and Information Technology (IT) staffs.
Management Science Associates, Inc. – Pittsburgh, PA
September 1997 – October 1998
- Responsible for design, creation and maintenance of corporate web sites.
- Responsible for site architecture, content and maintenance of corporate Internet and intranet web sites.
- Lead developer for client-based web sites and related projects.
Member Services Supervisor
GALT Technologies, a subsidiary of Intuit – Pittsburgh, PA
October 1996 – September 1997
- Responsible for providing direct, individual customer relations services for the NETworth web site (www.quicken.com/investments) with a membership of 600,000+ users.
- Managed staff of three (3) Member Services Representatives, providing product training, motivation and performance evaluation.
- Resolved member issues and complaints, responded to questions and comments, through continual interaction with staff in all functions and levels throughout entire organization.
- Developed member issue tracking system in order to ensure timely and quality responses.
- Constructed and maintained Member Services web pages.
- Served on corporate intranet committee which was formed to create a means for internal information distribution and gave input regarding site development.
- Instituted and facilitated GALT University, an internal education program designed to educate and enrich employees’ knowledge of the Internet and financial industries.
Partner Services Representative
September 1996 – September 1997
- In addition to performing position above, also responsible for day-to-day interaction with NETworth commercial clients (partners) with regards to their online presentation, including changes and revisions, billing, web site creation and implementation and problem/issue resolution.
March 1996 – September 1996
- Responsible for day-to-day development and management of various partner and site-specific online presentations of the NETworth web site.
- Communicated on a day-to-day basis with Partner Services Representatives to identify and satisfy specific partner web site needs/problems.
- Held accountable for open-job prioritization and meeting partner deadlines.
- Improved partner satisfaction through timely and quality issue completion and product development.
- Utilized various web tools, such as HTML, UNIX, Weblint, Emacs and FTP to accurately convey client information to an online format.
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Mt. Lebanon Fire Department – President, Firefighter/EMT, September 1993 – present
- Knights of Columbus – Grand Knight, Deputy Grand Knight, April 1992 – present
- Completed eight Pittsburgh Marathons and two Marine Corps Marathons
B.S.B.A., Logistics Management, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA – August 1993
References and Word/PDF version of résumé available upon request